include the following changes that strengthen the industry’s safety standard:
• Adds requirements for durability and performance testing of the tension/hold down
devices, including new requirements for anchoring, specific installation instructions and
• Provides a way to address new innovations for controlling cords that do not use tension
• Adds new requirements for products that rely on “wide lift bands” to raise and lower
• Requires a warning label and pictograms on the outside of stock packaging and
merchandising materials for corded products.
• Adds and expands testing requirements for cord accessibility, hazardous loop testing,
Roll Up style shade performance, and durability testing of all safety devices.